Over the years, Bhopal has become one of the major tourist destinations of India for many significant reasons. Considered as one of the greenest city of India, the beauty and the charm of this old city will leave you spellbound if you are a nature lover and love to explore a city that keeps natural jewels strewn all around the city.
If you have been planning a trip to Bhopal, make sure you get to know about the hotels in Bhopal with rates beforehand. There are so many places to visit in Bhopal that without a proper planning, you might miss the most important ones easily! Here are top 5 places of Bhopal you must visit on your Bhopal trip. Keep reading…
- Upper Lake: The largest lake of the entire Madhya Pradesh, this Upper Lake is also one of the oldest manmade lake of our country. The lake was built during the reign of Raja Bhoj. There is another lake which has been constructed just beside the Upper Lake. That one is called the Lower Lake. Both the lakes form an exquisite natural view which must be enjoyed on your Bhopal trip!
- Bhimbetka: located in the outskirts of Bhopal, try to witness the ancient cave of Bhimbetka where you will get to see some amazing rock paintings which date back to 15000 years ago. Considered as the UNESCO World Heritage Site, the caves of Bhimbetka are truly amazing in every sense. The rock paintings of Bhimbetka represent various time spans from Palaeolithic to medieval time. Do visit this amazing place!
- Taj-ul-Masjid: Taj-ul-Masjid ranks as one of the largest mosques of Asia. This beautiful sprawling mosque has a rich history behind its making which is interesting enough to listen to. The minarets of this mosque are 206 feet tall. Truly amazing this mosque deserves a visit from you.
- Raisen Fort: Located at a distance of 45km from the heart of Bhopal, try not to miss this historical fort of Bhopal. The breath-taking view of this fort along with the lakes and the area it covers will make you come back to this place time and again. If possible, try to witness the sunset from here. One of the beautiful forts of our country, this place has witnessed many upheavals in the past. Do visit this place.
- Van Vihar National Park: This amazing natural park adds fuel to the beauty of the city of Bhopal in many ways. Try to visit the Van VIhar National Park which is home to more than 200 types of birds and animals like tiger, sambar, lion and chital. This place can well be a photographer’s delight for the exquisite greenery it will offer you inside the city itself. Get to experience the synchronization of the urban and the natural by visiting this place!
Check out the Bhopal hotel rates online before you start packing and enjoy to the fullest in this beautiful city of Madhya Pradesh! All the best!